Visa Categories & Services
We assist with a wide range of visa categories and immigration related services. Scroll down for a brief overview of the main types and areas.
- Investor 1: $10m (NZ)
- 3 years; 88 days presence
- No age restrictions, no English
- No presence after 3 years
- Investor 2: $2.5-3 million (varies)
- 65 or under
- English at IELTS 3.0 or above
- 4 years; 438 days presence
- Business experience required (ownership or management)
- Partnership (de facto included)
- Parent category (income based or sponsor income-based)
- Children: Adopted or previously not included.
- Temporary entry: Partnership, or culturally arranged marriages/engagements.
- Character/medical cases.
Identity issues: appeals around nexus to New Zealand.
- Work visas for multi-national or subsidiary secondments
- Intra-corporate transfers, senior and specialised employees
- Entertainment industry visas
- Negotiations/company set-ups
Also: Employer Accreditation applications
Skilled Migrant Visa
- Must have a job offer (we are not recruitment specialists)
- Job must be skilled (see lists elsewhere on website)
Advocacy re whether “skilled” and whether employer is compliant
Work visas under Essential Skills or post residence-filing
See current list of Skilled Occupations
- Appeals to the Immigration and Protection Tribunal:
- Skilled Migrant Category
- Family appeals
- Character/Health based appeals
- Appeals against deportation
- Refugee/Protection appeals
- Appeals to the High Court:
- Point of Law
- Judicial Review
- Criminal charges involving immigration fraud/misrepresentation
- Employment cases:
- Exploitation of a worker
- Personal grievances
- Unjustified dismissals
- Labour Inspectorate Investigations: corporate compliance.
- S 106 affidavits in appropriate cases.
Work To Residence Visa
- Employer is accredited: Employment at $55K or more
- Shortage occupation (See the Long Term Skills Shortage list here)
Residence is achieved after two years.
We assist with the Employer Accreditation process.
Note: English may not be required.
Also Talent visas (appropriate sponsorship required).
Entrepreneur Work To Residence:
This category is not for the faint of heart.
Past business experience required: ownership or management
Re-positioning international-based internet companies has problems
Purchasing of existing business, points for employees must be additional employees
Start-ups in export/import or setting up subsidiary encouraged.
Past business experience must be verifiable (tax documentation etc.)
Refugee & Protection
We have experience dealing with refugees from all of the major countries generating persecution of minorities and others.
We give advice on refugee cases pre-travel but not in relation to travel.
Much of our work in this area is on a fee-paying basis, but there are a limited number of cases that we do on legal aid where there is merit, and depending on our budget (legal aid has a pro bono component):
Every year, New Zealand welcomes thousands of new residents, workers, students, businesses and visitors. Ryken & Associates is here to assist those who qualify for entry to New Zealand.
New Zealand is an exciting place to live, work and play, but moving to a new country can be overwhelming. Ryken & Associates is here to help you take the first step into a new life in New Zealand.
The population of New Zealand is now over 4.5 million people, one third of those live in its biggest city, Auckland. The country is made up of two main islands referred to as the North and South Island.
New Zealand is renowned for its beauty and tourism is an important part of the economy. Agriculture and horticulture are also very important and it is a well known fact that the population of sheep in New Zealand far outnumbers the human population.
New Zealand is a democratic country with world class social, health & education services provided by the government.
Why should I use an immigration lawyer?
Immigration rules are complicated and confusing. Engaging an experienced professional will ensure that your chances of success is as high as possible.
What will you do?
Ryken & Associates will not only help you in making sure all information needed is correctly collated and supplied to Immigration New Zealand, but with our experience and history, we make certain that you have the very best chance and representation for the whole process.